Skip to main content

Statement of intent


Statement Of Intent


My overall goal for this project is to produce a dance music video and linked website in order to promote my artist. I aim to follow the typical dance music conventions in order to suit my chosen video style and appeal to my target audience (individuals around the 16-25 age range).

Whilst planning and elaborating on certain ideas for my video, I analysed and reviewed a variety of popular and successful music videos in order to identify what works well and appeals to an audience. I noticed a common re occurrence of features throughout the different videos which I will include, for instance, a summer/ beach theme often crops up where the individuals and models featured are dressed in bikinis and bright, vibrant summer clothes. In addition, another convention which links with media representation is the actual construction of the video itself (for example fast paced editing  and certain slow motion shots), it is stereotypical to edit the video in this particular style in order to further convey the positivity within the 'dance' music style. Despite the fact I have not decided on a specific song I will be using yet, I can already infer it will be upbeat and lively as it is dance music, therefore, the models I choose to use will need to show they are happy and full of energy to match this particular positive vibe.

The media language is linked with the symbolic written and technical signs constructing meaning- it looks at how meaning is made and understood. An example of media language in my music video could be portrayed via my bright and vibrant colour theme, this symbolises and connatates with happiness and joy which is something I am able to convey.  The music video location is also filmed in a beach/holiday environment to allow a sense of euphoria and the 'feel good' dance feeling- over the shoulder shots will be used as a key feature in order for the audience to have a clear perspective and view on this setting. My videos will have both shots from day and night time... day shots will include sunlight which has connotations with happiness and symbolises freedom; night shots will add to the sense of a dance/ club environment, (where this particular style of music will be played).

With regards to 'media audience', it is referring to the people who will be listening, watching and interacting with the music video, in this case, the 16-25 age range. In order to promote my video to appeal towards this age range, my model for the video itself will fit in this age bracket. The media industry is the production, distribution and performance of music and how the video itself has been produced.                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist And DJ Representation Mood Board

Artist Representation Mood Board

Statement of Intent

Media theoretical framework: -Media language- conventions of products -Media audience- target audience -Media representation- How the message is constructed about groups of people and how the audience relate to these constructions. -Media Industries- The companies behind the products, the legal considerations and how profit is generated by the products. Considerations relating to cross media platforms and where products will appear as part of the campaign. My Statement of Intent One of the most significant aspects about the products I'm producing is the fact that they are made ethically via fair-trade... this is why it is crucial that I showcase my brand as a contemporary company by not only focusing on the stylish and trendy pieces, but also the morally correct way they have been produced. I will be presenting and promoting my brand by displaying the clothing on the two billboards. Both of my billboards will follow a similar theme when promoting the different products